28 years ago I spent a year preparing a University thesis focused on Neural Networks. Practical usage and the job market wasn’t there back then but lots has changed and Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) is everywhere. VMware has been focused on AI/ML for awhile by incorporating it into its products and making it easier for customers to run those types of workloads on top of vSphere. Recently I started looking deeper into this and uncovered some great resources that I thought I would share.
This is a good blog summarizing VMware’s strategic direction: VMware’s AI/ML direction and Hardware Acceleration with vSphere Bitfusion
AI/ML was popular at VMworld 2020 and you can see a list of the focused sessions here: Your Guide to AI/ML Content at VMworld 2020. To view the recorded session, you can go to the VMworld On-Demand Video Library. If you don’t have an account already, you can create one.
Some of the announcements at VMworld 2020:
- The Power of Two: VMware, NVIDIA Bring AI to the Virtual Data Center
- THE DATA CENTER WILL NEVER BE THE SAME – Modernizing the Data Center and Cloud
- Networks on Steroids: VMware, NVIDIA Power the Data Center with DPUs
- VMware’s Project Monterey with NVIDIA BlueField-2 DPU
- Kit Colbert – Use cases for Project Monterey & SmartNic
To keep up to date check out the VMware ML/AI BLOG: VMware Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence